PWI Construction served as general contractor on the Andaz Scottsdale and provided the full range of pre-construction, construction and post-construction services through the life of the project. PWI Construction met with the owner and their representative weekly to review progress.
"At times, the pace of construction outpaced the design team," says project lead David Mueller, who was constantly looking for cost savings and added value. The bungalows were taken down to their shells and a slab, requiring a total renovation/rebuild of the guest rooms and bathrooms, and then new facilities were constructed on the 23-acre property.
"One of my favorite memories was the opening of the event center. We worked about 20 straight days, crazy hours, to get the event building done in time for an event they had already sold and planned. Right after we finished, I was up on an elevated patio next to the building and I looked down. There were a dad and his sons playing football on the lawn outside, using the space and enjoying it. Seeing that space we worked so hard on being enjoyed made it all worth it," Mueller adds.
- No. 4 Top Resort in Texas & The Southwest in Condé Nast Traveler’s
2019 Readers’ Choice Awards
- No. 7 Top Resort in Southwest in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2018 Readers’
- Best Special Event Venue in Smart Meetings’ 2018 Smart Stars Awards
- AAA Four Diamond Resort, 2018
- Travel + Leisure’s 2018 It List
- No. 3 Top Resort in Southwest in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Readers’
- Condé Nast Traveler’s 2017 Hot List Award